What is Computer-delivered IELTS
We are continually enhancing IELTS – the world’s most popular test of English for higher education and global migration – to improve the experience of IELTS for our test takers and stakeholders.
IELTS Academic and General Training testing provide more options to our test takers and stakeholders, while retaining all of the test’s current security, trust and integrity.
With computer-delivered IELTS there are more test dates available, test takers can choose IELTS at a time convenient for them, and they will receive their results in 5 to 7 days.
The Test Report Form, content, timing and structure of the test is the same whether you take the test on paper or on computer and the Speaking test is always face-to-face with a certified IELTS Examiner.
If you choose to take computer-delivered IELTS, you will take the Listening, Reading and Writing test using a computer. All aspects of the test are identical to paper-based IELTS, including:
- Question types
*In the computer-delivered Listening test, the timings are slightly different from the paper-based test. This is because the paper-based test requires users to transfer answers to an answer sheet. This step becomes redundant when answering directly on a computer.
- Before the start of each part of the Listening test you will have some time to read the questions.
- After the end of each part of the Listening test you will have some time to review your answers.
- At the end of the Listening test, you will have 2 minutes to check your answers.
The timing of the Listening test is between 30 – 34 minutes.
It is important that you choose the right option so that you feel comfortable and confident when you take the test. You need to decide whether you prefer to read the texts and write your answers on a computer, or on paper.
How to choose your option and prepare for the test:
The sample test questions will help you to decide which option you prefer, and to prepare for the test. These sample materials will give you an idea of what to expect in the Listening, Reading and Writing sections.
Computer-delivered IELTS is currently available in:
- Argentina (Buenos Aires)
- Armenia (Yerevan)
- Australia (Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Wollongong)
- Azerbaijan (Baku)
- Bahrain (Manama)
- Bangladesh (Dhaka)
- Brazil (Brasilia, Curitiba, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo)
- Cambodia (Phnom Penh)
- Canada (Calgary, Halifax, Mississauga, Montreal, Ottawa, Scarborough, Toronto, Winnipeg)
- Chile (Santiago)
- Colombia (Bogota, Medellin)
- China (Guangzhou, Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing)
- Cyprus (Nicosia)
- Egypt (Cairo, Alexandria)
- France (Paris)
- Ghana (Accra)
- Greece (Athens)
- Hong Kong (Macao, Hong Kong)
- India (Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bathinda, Bangalore, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Noida, Pune)
- Indonesia (Bali, Jakarta, Surabaya)
- Ireland (Dublin)
- Israel (Tel Aviv)
- Italy (Bari, Milan, Salerno, Rome)
- Japan (Tokyo)
- Jordan (Amman)
- Kazakhstan (Almaty, Astana)
- Kenya (Nairobi)
- Kuwait (Salmiya, Safat)
- Laos (Vientiane)
- Lebanon (Beirut)
- Malaysia (Kuala Lampur, Penang)
- Mexico (Mexico City, Condesa, Coyoacan, Satelite, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Queretaro)
- Myanmar (Yangon)
- Nepal (Kathmandu)
- New Zealand (Auckland, Wellington)
- Nigeria (Lagos)
- North Macedonia (Skopje)
- Oman (Muscat)
- Pakistan (Islambad, Karachi, Lahore)
- Peru (Lima)
- Philippines (Manila, Cebu, Baguio)
- Poland (Warsaw)
- Portugal (Lisbon)
- Qatar (Doha)
- Romania (Bucharest)
- Russia (Moscow, St Petersburg)
- Saudi Arabia (Al Khobar, Riyadh, Dammam, Jeddah)
- Serbia (Belgrade)
- Singapore (Singapore)
- South Africa (Johannesburg, Pretoria)
- South Korea (Seoul)
- Spain (Barcelona, Bilbao, Madrid)
- Sri Lanka (Colombo, Kandy)
- Switzerland (Bern, Saint Gallen)
- Taiwan, China (Kaohsiung, Taipei, Taichung, Taoyuan, New Taipei City, Hsinchu)
- Thailand (Bangkok)
- Turkey (Ankara, Erzurum, Istanbul)
- Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City)
- Ukraine (Kiev)
- United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah)
- United Kingdom
- Uzbekistan (Tashkent