How Get Best Score In PTE Speaking Test
PTE Speaking Section – Tips and Tricks-
Here are some tips to help you prepare for the speaking part of the PTE exam:-
- Rising your tone at the beginning and falling tone at the end of the sentence will make the sentences sound authentic.
- If you feel that you have made a mistake, keep speaking and do not stop.
- From 1 day of preparation, practice connecting with different tongue every day till the day of examination.
Repeat Sentence :
- Listen with closed eyes and memorize the sentence.
- There is no beep at the end, so start speaking only after the clip ends.
- If you can’t manage to remember the entire sentence, at least pay attention to the keywords and repeat them.
- Start with words like illustrate, elucidates, depicts, etc.
- Notice whether it is bar-chart, Line-graph or pie-chart. The line graph has a ‘timeline’, the pie chart has a comparison of ‘slices’ and a bar chart.
- Use the following words – to the left, right, up, down / down, up, up, foreground, background, etc.
- Try finishing in 30-35 seconds and do not leave incompletely recorded sentences.
- Notice the keywords, they can help you understand the context of the topic.
- Instead of complete full names, you can use titles, like – Dr. Says or the professor mentions, etc.
- Try to capture the best 3-5 sentences. They should be enough to retell the lecture.
Answer short question:
- Add articles (a, an, the) before some words.
- If you do not know the answer, just repeat the words in the question.
- You will have to Youtube pronunciation videos to achieve desired oral fluency.
- Try to mimic native English speakers with either British, American or Australian accents.
- For better pronunciation, google or YouTube IPA and phonemes. You should be aware of the position of the tongue, jaw, and lips when speaking each word.
- Focus on mimicking intonations as each word has ups and downs for each alphabet.