Get Best Score In PTE Writing Test
PTE Academic Writing Section Tips and Tricks
In this section, you are required to write according to the questions and your written answers are evaluated. PTE Academic’s writing module is divided into two sections and we will provide suggestions for each of them sub-sections.
Summarize Written Text :
- Getting a perfect score of 90 out of 90 is possible with strong vocabulary and grammar. If you have an average vocabulary and grammar, you can expect to score around a 73.
- Try writing your answers between 35–45 words. Avoid very long sentences, as the scoring algorithms may not be able to evaluate long sentences with great accuracy.
- Pay attention to punctuation.
- Capitalize all the starting words and nouns in a sentence.
- Don’t provide any examples, unless asked for.
- Write the summary in third person form I.e. avoid usage of I, Me, We, etc.
- concentrate on the last paragraph as it usually contains the summary of the text.
- Summarize each paragraph in a single sentence.
Write an Essay
- Plan the format of your essay based on whether it is an opinion essay, problem-solution, advantages-disadvantages, etc.
- Be mindful of the spellings, grammar, and plurals.
- Give structure to your essay by following this pattern – first paragraph introduction, second third paragraph body, last paragraph conclusion.
- In the body paragraphs, provide examples, reasons, and statistics to strengthen your arguments.
- keep the length between 200–300 words.