How get Good Score in PTE Listening Test
General Hearing Tips –
- Listen actively, which means learn to listen to English songs differently. Pay attention to the songs that need more attention.
- Watch movies and TV shows first with subtitles and then without subtitles.
- Listening to new material will increase your vocabulary which will improve your understanding of spoken English while listening.
Summarize spoken text-
- Limit your answer to 50–70 words.
- You can start by saying something like “the speaker said”
- Use the given notepad to write the keyword.
- Pay attention to the subject and the most repeated words.
Multiple Choice, Choose Multiple Answers –
- Do not guess blind because this question has negative marking
- It is recommended that you read the questions before the audio begins.
Fill in the blanks-
- Use the given notepad to take notes otherwise you will miss the next word.
- Listen carefully and determine whether the word was singular or plural, accompanied by an article or not.
Highlight the correct summary-
- Understand the theme and message stated by the speaker.
- Use the elimination method to narrow the options.
Select the missing word-
- By the first part of the audio, you will have a good idea about the subject and you can anticipate three-quarters of the way how it will end.
Highlight the wrong words-
- Review your answers before submitting, if you have missed anything.
- Double clicking a word will deselect the word. So click only once.
- This part has negative marking, so be careful.
Write by dictation-
- It is better that you type your answer directly on the computer instead of taking notes on the notepad as this will save time.
- Check for spelling, singular and plural forms, punctuation etc.