General Writing test
You will be allowed 1 hour to complete two tasks in the IELTS General Training Writing Test.In the actual exam, you will write your answer book.
The total time for the IELTS General Training Writing Test is 60 minutes. Give yourself time and just one hour to complete both parts.
Task 2 contributes twice as much as the writing score from Task 1.
You should spend about 20 minutes on task 1
- Write in personal, semi-formal or formal style
- Write at least 150 words
You should spend about 40 minutes on task 2
- Give reasons for your answer and include examples from your knowledge or experience
- Write at least 250 words
Instructions to candidates
In the actual exam, you will be given the following instructions.
- Do not open this question paper until you are asked to do so
- Write your name and candidate number in the places at the top of this page
- Read the instructions for each task carefully
- Answer both tasks
- Write at least 150 words for task 1
- Write at least 250 words for task 2
- Write your answers in the answer sheet
- Write clearly in pen or pencil; You can make changes, but make sure your work is easy to read
At the end of the test, hand in both the question paper and your answer book.