The PTE Academic exam is a computer-based English language test accepted by educational institutions around the world. Those students and aspirants who desire to go abroad for studying or immigration to a major English speaking country are required to take the PTE Academic exam to prove their English language competency.
The three-hour-long computer-based test focuses on day to day English rather than high-level English language and tests a student on his/her ability to effectively understand the language as spoken daily. The multi-level grading system ensures a better understanding of the student’s proficiency in the English language.
There are many things that distinguish PTE Academic from its close competitors – IELTS and TOEFL. The first and foremost distinguishing aspect of the same is the scoring pattern and the results. As the tests are completely computerized, the PTE results and scores are declared much quicker, typically in 5 business days. This makes it aptly suited for students who are in a bit of a rush. Candidates looking to appear for their PTE Academic test will learn about the following PTE topics as they read along:
- Pearson Test of English Eligibility
- Pearson Test of English Test Dates
- Pearson Test of English Test Centre
- How to Register for Pearson Test of English
- Pearson Test of English Exam Fee
- Exam Pattern for Pearson Test of English
- Pearson Test of English Scholarships
- Pearson Test of English Preparation tips
- Pearson Test of English Syllabus
- Pearson Test of English Results and Scores
PTE Exam Pattern
Unlike other English language proficiency tests, PTE Academic consists of a single 3-hour test session which includes three sections: speaking and writing (together), listening and reading. There are twenty different question formats, ranging from multiple choice through to essay writing and interpreting information.